- Serves 2 as a side
- Total preparation time: 30 mins
The Zebratarian Kitchen is celebrating its first birthday today. What better way to celebrate than with this Vitamin C rich, succulent pineapple dish in a hot, tangy marinade.
It makes an excellent summery side, accompanying BBQ food such as (Quorn) chicken fillets, corn on the cob, veggie kebabs, home made guacamole, potato salad, tacos and quesadillas.
- Fry light (for cooking)
- 500g Pineapple
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4g fresh thyme
- 1 heaped tblsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp water
- Sesame seeds
- Chop pineapple into either rings or sticks of about 10cm in size (you can purchased pre chopped pineapple).
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a jug or bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Rub the marinade into the pineapple and place under a covering for half an hour
There are 2 methods of grilling the pineapple, depending on what resources you have…
- GRIDDLE PAN
- Griddle pan 5-6 sprays of fry light
- Turn hob on high 7/8
- Cook for 10 minutes turning every so often.
Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and serve.
Using a griddle pan allows the pineapple bubble in it’s juice for a bit intensifying the flavour.
- OVEN GRILL
- Pre heat oven to 220
- Lay foil in base of tray, place pineapple on grill and pour the marinade over the top.
- Squirt grill tray with 5-6 sprays of fry light.
- Grill for 15 mins, flipping them over halfway through.
- Give them a generous squirt of fry light and flip again for 5 more minutes.
Using the oven grill produces a slightly drier finish with a nice charred flavour.
Making the recipe more accessible:
- Purchase pre chopped fruit, as I have.
- If you live with chronic fatigue, you can pace by preparing the marinade the day before.
- Daily living and mobility aids used to prepare this recipe: chopping aids, hand splints and a wheelchair.